- 2 eggs
- 118 milliliter (1/2 cup) sunflower oil
- 200 grams (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 130 grams (1 cup) all purpose flour
- 2,3 grams (1 teaspoon) cinnamon powder
- 4,2 grams (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 2,3 grams (1 teaspoon) baking powder
- 150 grams (2 cups) carrot, grated
- Walnuts and raisins as you wish
- Set a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 356° F (180° C).
Put eggs and oil in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisking attachment and whisk on a high-medium speed until the mixture is soft and creamy.
Add sugar, cinnamon powder and vanilla extract and beat for another minute or two.
Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the sifted flour and baking powder. Mix only until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
Toss in grated carrots, walnuts and raisins and mix only to incorporate.
- Scrape the batter in a cake loaf pan with a small offset spatula.
- Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, 30 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.
Storage: The cake will keep, wrapped airtight, at room temperature for up to 3 days.