Yileds 16 scones
- 640 grams all-purpose flour, sifted
- 64 grams sugar
- 20 grams baking powder
- 12 grams fleur de sel
- 200 grams unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 500 milliliter milk
For Serving: salted butter, jam and clotted cream
- Heat oven to 450º F (230º C).
- Add sifted flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
- Put cubed butter into the bowl and knead with your fingers until the mixture fall into pea-size pieces.
- Stir in milk until dough forms.
- Floured your work surface and transfer the dough. Roll out dough a 12″×12″ and 1″thick square. Cut square into 16 smaller squares.
- Transfer squares to a baking tray with a baking paper. Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with salted butter, jam and clotted cream.
*Baking time may vary between ovens. So, start checking from time to time after 20 minutes of baking.